You never have to make the journey alone........
however we will provide you the basic information you will need, should you elect to try. Before you begin any type of Certification, at a minimum have the following documents at hand:
- Your Identification:
A drivers license, state issued identification card
A passport, birth certificate or naturalization papers
- Your business formation papers:
Copy of DBA
Certificate of Formation and/or Articles of Incorporation
Partnership or JV agreements
- Banking Information:
A copy of your signature card or bank document that establishes business.
- Last 3 years business taxes. If you have not been in business for three years provide personal taxes for those years.
- Copy of cancelled capital investment check.
- Updated Owner and/or principles resume(s)
- Any current certifications or licenses the business must have to operate.
- Copy of rental or lease agreement.
- Copy of current customer contracts or invoices.
- Balance Sheet
MINORITY/WOMEN OWNED BUSINESS:
Texas Historically Underutilized Business - HUB Certification
City of Houston Minority/Women Business Enterprise (MWBE) or Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) - CoH Certification
*Helpful Hint - If you certify through HMSDC; their certification specialist will expedite your CoH and TX HUB certifications for you.
Before beginning any Federal certification, you will need at a minimum:
A TIN/EIN from the IRS
SAM Registration - sam.gov
A Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number - D&B
A CAGE number - Assigned during the SAM registration
Useful Federal Resources:
Small Business Administration - SBA
University of Houston Procurement and Technical Assistance Center - PTAC
Minority Business Development Agency- MBDA